About Us - Team
Since Wyn Harries created Harries Planning Design Management in 1995, he has carefully grown his team to include building design professionals with a variety of complementary skills, alongside dedicated support staff. Our multi-disciplinary professional team of town planners, surveyors and technicians works closely together, sharing ideas and discussing projects regularly. We also work with you, to ensure that we realise your vision, while meeting regulatory requirements.
Harries Planning Design Management invests in its staff to keep abreast of changes in the industry with regular training courses and CPD. If you prefer to work in the Welsh language, our team includes Welsh speakers and we are happy to oblige!
Wyn Harries MRICS
- Chartered Building Surveyor and member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Chartered Construction Manager & Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building.
- Chartered Building Engineer and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building Engineers.
- BSc(Hons) in the Built Environment.
- HNC in Civil Engineering.
- 30 years’ experience.
- Proven track record of delivering profitable commercial projects, comfortable housing and a sustainable built environment.
- Comfortable with the planning maze. Very experienced in the Pembrokeshire Coast Park.
- Hands on practical architectural design and problem solving skills.
- Married father of three
- Runs small farm enterprise
- Hobbies – clay pigeon shooting, 4x4 off roading, weight lifting.
- Chairman of directors of community/not for profit gym.
- School governor at Ysgol Y Preseli
- Club secretary West Wales 4x4 group
- Committee member Nevern Agricultural Show.
Darren Nicholls ACIAT
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- 18 years experience with Harries Planning Design Management
- Work Include measured surveys, design work, producing detailed drawings for Planning and Building Regulation applications and Tendering.
- Married father of three
- Hobbies include vintage tractor restoration, supporting local sporting activities.
- Dog Walking
Richard James MRTPI
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Bsc (Hons) City and Regional Planning
- Msc Regeneration
- Previous roles include 8 years experience as a professional planner in local government Development Management and Planning Policy departments
- Expertise in a wide range of planning sectors including rural, retail, conservation, agricultural, renewable energy and planning appeals.
- Hobbies include surfing, rugby, general fitness, travelling, attending live music events and stand-up comedy.
Alan John MAAT
- Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians.
- 27 years’ experience of administration and finance in construction and facilities management industry.
- Previous roles include Management Accountant for Amey Plc
- Questioning, analytical with an eye for detail.
- Father of one.
- Hobbies include playing the guitar and 4x4 off road Land rover trialing
- Club treasurer West Wales 4x4 group.
- Joined the practice in September 2014
- Studying for a degree in BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- As part of my continuing professional development, I have had work experience with Roger Casey Associates, Bouygues UK Construction, MW Surveys and Kier Construction
- Thoroughly enjoying learning from practical experience
- A member of Trefloyne Golf Club and the Dyfed league team
- Half marathon running
- BA[hons) in Ancient History form Cardiff University
- Currently studying level 4 with the Association of Accounting Technicians
- Highly experienced administrator
- Mum of one
- Keen interest in history